Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

T is for Training

As I was late with my A-z post yesterday I thought I ought to try and get today's post done early in the day.

For three years I have unsuccessfully entered the London marathon ballot - this year I have entered again. I don't find out until October if I will have a place and at that point a fully six month training program is provided. I feel that for me six months won't be enough so I am already running regularly.

People ask me why I want to run it and I can't really answer other than that for me it (and for many others) it would be a huge achievement, to be able to train for and run a marathon is something I have always wanted to do, it is the last thing I aimed for as a child that I need to tick off my list, the other two were to be a teacher and to write a book.

Other aims have come along and been added to the list but this one remains, I am hoping that I get a place but if not I will have another try but to run in Olympic year would be special. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: