Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Honest Scrap Award




I have been lucky enough to receive an award from my friend gaelikaa. The idea is to list ten honest things about yourself and then pass the award onto seven other bloggers so here goes;

1. I trained as a teacher and taught for four years before leaving the profession to be a mummy and follow my dreams to be a writer.

2. I met Mr T on millennium eve, I went to his party with a friend and we got chatting. We walked down to the River Thames to watch the fireworks and he held my hand because mine was cold, the rest as they say is history.

3. I have given birth naturally to all three of my children with only my TENS machine for pain relief and gas and air for the stitches, they have all been breast fed.

4. My first book was published in January 2009 and I am now working on a second novel, with plans for another and trying to craft some short stories as well as publicise the first novel.

5. Being a Mum is the hardest and most varied job I have ever had, but also the most satisfying.

6. I got married in Trinity college Cambridge by special licence as Mr T attended there, it was a wonderful place to get married and I hope that when we get to twenty years we can renew our vows there!

7. I am trying not to be such a control freak as I hate it when I am not in control and this leads to the most problems in our house as I am also stubborn and do not like admitting when I am wrong.

8. My guilty pleasures include Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, I also like medical dramas, crime dramas and soaps! I like Disney films too.

9. I wish I had better general knowledge, I am studying for a second degree with the Open University and plan to follow it up with an MA. I would like to do my PHD but I am not sure I am brave enough, I hate to fail or give up on anything that I start.

10. I have overcome both annorexia and bulimia and hope that my own battles with food and weight will enable me to give my children a better balanced view. I have discovered that it is the person inside that provides the beauty not the shell in which they hide.

Now seven bloggers to pass it onto;
Melroxx, http://melroxx.blogspot.com/
Leigh Russell, http://leighrussell.blogspot.com/
http://tawny75.blogspot.com/
Tim Atkinson http://bringingupcharlie.blogspot.com/
Tara Cain http://stickyfingers1.blogspot.com/
Lil's so very sweet pictures, http://lilyamber.blogspot.com/
Caroline Whitney http://withenay.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, congrats on your award! Keep it rocking like you do! Thankyou For awarding me Mel! I recently received this award before, but I'd prefare to be awarded by you than someone else so I'm happily accepting the great Award, and by the way, how are you Kids?

Tim Atkinson said...

Thanks, Mel. You learn such a lot from these meme things, don't you? Like a common link (by virtue of our respective spouses) to Cambridge, and Trinity! (We've still got a bottle of their port laid down somewhere... It's a long story!)

Godinla said...

Hello Mel, my name is Brian and I bounced here from Leigh's bog. I too am a former teacher who stayed home to raise the kids (daughter Lauren and son Cole). I've been writing most of my life and I'd love to tell you about my first book but I haven't been that lucky yet.

Glad to "meet" you. Keep moving forward!

PS - I met Mr. T in a local supermarket here in Los Angeles. Small weird world we live in.

Maria said...

Great answers, Mel! We have lots in common, especially when it comes to the kids. Congratulations on overcoming those personal battles you mentioned. It is indeed the inner person and not the shell that counts!