Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Arragghh

Today has not started on a good note! Kids were all up by 630am not anything new there. Anyway as Lucy managed to gum her hands until she went back into the land of nod at 730 I decided to be all efficient and prepare the bolognaise for tonights dinner. The big two were safely ensconced giggling at Numberjacks so I thought I was safe.

The first problem was that despite defrosting for the recommended time the mince was in the main still frozen, still whacked it in the pan and off we go, got the le cruset and whacked in the other ingredients turning the mince and so on.

Matthew appears 'Mummy pooed' he shouts at the top of his voice, realising that this is not an in a minute moment I turn the heat down and attend to the nappy. Off I whizz to the outside bin to find Mr T has been interfering and the black bin for the nappies has disappeared, back in the house to find a new one, quick wash of the hand and disaster has struck. Mince is stuck to the bottom of the pan, still I manage to salvage enough to get by. I go to the fridge to get the last thing I need and find that once more Mr T has struck, the tomato puree has left the building, so tonight we shall be having tomato less bolognaise. I have managed 26 minutes on the wii fit, giving up to the constant chatter and barrage of requests for drinks and whatever else the big two can think of to interrupt my hula hooping, thank goodness for the boxing!

Now all that remains is to gear myself up for the parents evening later, try to fit in some cleaning and who knows I might even manage to fit in a few minutes of tennis watching later!

3 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

I thought I was safe ... famous last words! But I bet you wouldn't change a thing. Enjoy the children while they're young. It's all downhill once they hit puberty, believe me. But then they grow up and it's all fine again. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, and jealous of you for still being in the thick of it. Have fun! You sound like a really hands on mum.

Mel said...

Thanks, no I wouldn't change it but wouldn't mind a break every now and then. How is the book doing?

nappy valley girl said...

Hi Mel, this sounds just like the everyday chaos that is our house. Littleboy 1 always poos at inopportune moments: I can recall he once ran downstairs trailing a dirty nappy and saying 'Mummy I did a big poo' just as the Ocado man was coming through the door with the groceries.